Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's been a very nice day.

The music and message in Sacrament meeting was amazing, Natalie was with us, and the Primary children gave a wonderful program the third hour.  The lesson in Sunday School was on feeling fellowship, and that is what we felt today as we gathered at church.  

We had the neighbors over for "lunch on us." today from 12:30 to 2:30.   Many of the neighbors have been here longer than we have, and there have also been wonderful new families move in.  We are so blessed to live where we do and to be surrounded by such loyal and good friends.  Yesterday I spent the day making lots of soup (potato cheese and a new chicken chili recipe that Charlene served us last week) and dozens of rolls.    I had fun doing it and should do it more often.  Here are some of the photos.
 




















Here are some new cookies I tried.
 


 And here is Gary helping with clean up.    As he was washing the many pans, I asked him if it was worth all the mess.  He said "yes" (with the added comment of "every once in awhile").   He is a great supporter of my many projects, even when he is a little dismayed at the mess I leave in the wake of them.  He is also proving to be a great Candy Store Proprietor.  Maybe when he retires from teaching he can take that up professionally.  (It has to be easier than being a used car salesman, which he has also been).   I love and appreciate him and the fun he brings to any event.  As both Lucienne and Marshall have commented to their moms since coming home from Orlando, "Grandpa is funny."


2 comments:

Misty B. said...

Happy Christmas Eve! I wish I was with you. I do agree though...after many years as a teenager of denying it--Dad is funny!

Tiffany said...

You are simply amazing! We are so lucky to have both you and Dad!