Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, December 16, 2012

I've hardly been able

to think about the tragedy in Connecticut on Friday.  It feels very personal when 28 people are killed, especially when 20 are children who are just 6 to 7 years old.  That should be such a time of innocence, not horror.  We think of our children, grandchildren, and those we love and realize it could happen to any of us.   It's heartening to hear about the adults who tried so hard to protect the children and lost their lives doing it.  

There have been many facebook postings that have touched me.  This photo is credited to Patti Ramos.  I love how the child, who is now free from the horror, is comforting the mother who will, in may ways, never be free from it.   What will help the families through it, though, is the understanding that their children are now alright.  That, and the love and support of others.  Which is why I love the second quote attributed to Mr. Rogers.

 
 I think there are many helpers at work here, both on earth and in Heaven.  I hope those who need the help can feel it. 

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have been in tears many times in the last 48 hours. . .it does seem more personal than any other tragedy I've heard of, even though I don't know any of them. I just think of my little ones being there. . .and it is so heartbreaking. I've been cherishing them even more these last two days. Love you!

Tom Anderson said...

Love the scene with the little girl comforting the mom in her mooment of grief.

Misty B. said...

I can relate to Tiff! I love the quote...