Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Gary's Birthday

Today Gary turns 59 years old.  For four days he gets to truthfully say he is older than me.  One of his standard lines is that he is much older and more mature than I am.  I think that he actually just "can't handle the truth." 

We watched the "Bishop's Wife" on Christmas Eve, and in one scene they are eating at a long dinner table with each of them at the opposite end.   I recreated that today as I made him his birthday breakfast.   He's trying to look debonair.


 But it hasn't been all fun and games for him today. 
He's shoveled snow and fixed our fireplace damper.
 When he was done he wanted me to take a picture of his face.  
 (I think he wants to document what a hard worker he is).
 
  Now we're off to Texas Roadhouse and a movie. 
Natalie made this little document for Gary for Christmas.
It captures his often created lines perfectly.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Gary. It is good to see you getting down and dirty.