Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Oh dear,

I didn't mean to leave anyone hanging on to their seats by yesterday's post.  I just didn't want to get up and take a picture, and I needed to blog something.  Misty called and asked Dad what it was.  She was envisioning a huge mess or disaster in the kitchen.  As messes go, this has been a relatively small one.

Kind of.

But, really, Gary just literally meant, "Oh my Stars."




I'm in the process of making a star banner for our Relief Society Birthday party.  I was just going to make flat stars, but when I searched "stars," I found these fun ones.  I'm going to connect them with ribbon into a swag banner.  The large ones are made with 6 12"x12" sheets of paper, and are just about 24" wide.  The smaller ones are made with 6 4"x4" sheets of paper.

Here are the great instructions which I found on this very cool blog.
  http://kristasewinspired.blogspot.com/2011/11/vintage-paper-star-banner-tutorial.html

Just think, if you make them, maybe your family will come home and say, 
"Oh my Stars."  

By the way, Gary thought he was very clever for using that play on words.  
And it reminded him of his Mom, because she always used that phrase.


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ha! That's hilarious. And the stars are beautiful!

Tom Anderson said...

Oh my stars!!! Those are really cool. That is good art. 3D stars!!!

Misty B. said...

I love it! They look very metallic.

Angie Murphy said...

I love it. We make those with our girls every Christmas and hang them in the windows. We mix up the colors, too. So glad you're blogging more.