Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yum.

Today while I was working, I was also catching up on Studio 5 segments.  In one segment they were showing some of the best places to buy waffles in the area. 

That got me really craving waffles. 

Then in another episode they had this recipe for the Mini Dutch Apple Pancakes. 

Then I knew that I was going to make breakfast for dinner.

It was so good.  



 
Here is the link:
and here is the recipe.
 
Mini Dutch Apple Pancakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Pinch salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Dash nutmeg
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 apple, peeled, cored, sliced
  • Serve with cream or ice cream

Method:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Whisk together until smooth egg, milk, salt, vanilla and flour; set aside.

Stir together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Peel, core and slice apple. Toss apple and sugar until coated. Over medium-medium low heat, melt butter in 5" cast iron skillet.* Add apples and cook, gently turning slices until apples are tender and golden brown. Pour batter over hot apples; bake 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.

Serve in the mini skillet or invert on serving plate. Serve with a little cream for breakfast, or with a scoop of ice cream for dessert.

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

How could I convert that to a pan I have...no dutch ovens in my house! Now I'm craving it too...