Crinkled Oranges

Monday, May 13, 2013

I thought this

would be a fitting article to share around Mother's Day.  We were talking about it yesterday as we were reminiscing about our Mothers.  I know that when the article came out in the Provo Daily Herald our senior year (1972), that I loved that he so willingly gave credit to his Mom.  I know that it meant a lot to her and that she got several notes from friends telling her what a tribute it was.

Gay went on to play baseball on scholoraship at Snow College for a year and lastly at Southern Utah State College for two years after we were married.  He was a scholar-athlete at SUSC also, and I know he did make his mother proud.  And me too.

P.S.  He wasn't wearing shades.  His glasses tinted in the sun.  Although he does look pretty cool.



5 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Great article. The photo shows the "coolness" of the man. Wonderful tribute to him and his mother. He almost deserves my sister.

Nat said...

Great article! Looking cool dad :)

Unknown said...

I'm honored to be on the blog of the kindest, most compassionate and caring person I know even if I was wearing ridiculous looking shades.

Love you dear,

-Gary

Misty B. said...

What a fun article! I learned so much about Dad that he never talks about. I didn't know Lynn was his catcher. I also didn't know he went to State. I can see Grandma and Dad's personalities so clearly in the article. I don't remember ever reading that before. Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany said...

Definitely fun to read! He was amazing then, amazing now.