Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My "Friend" has

a new outfit.  Which makes it so she can now match my "little self."
(I haven't really lost my mind, it just sounds like it) 

Let me explain.

I got an surprise package in the mail today.  I had seen in the company email messages that Loralee had sent a couple of packages to me.  Which sounded really fun, but I was concerned because the address showed it as going to Gary's rental house in Orem.  Gary alerted Deb, the tenant, to be watching out for packages.  When I asked Loralee what they were about, she said she wanted to send something in appreciation for being a "mother" to the company.

So sweet.  

They came from a company called The Red Envelope, 
which explains the red boxes.  
 This is what is silk screened onto the dishtowel.  
I don't think I'll be using it to clean up my numerous kitchen messes!


 Now to explain my "little self" comment.  

Tom and Lynn gave me an apron a couple of years ago which they had personalized in Verona.  I love it.   When it shrunk when I washed it,  I was so sad.  I went on a search for a little girl form that it could fit on and she has been wearing every since then.  So, when I look at my "little self" it brings back good memories of my life at home with Mom and Dad.   Those days when, according to my diary, I came home from school and made a cake at least every other day.     


  Both my "Friend" and my "little self"  feel appreciation today.  
And my "Big Self" is going to really appreciate the cupcakes that are supposed to arrive tomorrow.  

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

that is so sweet! I love the dish towel and apron. I think you need to frame that one! Miss you.

Tom Anderson said...

Hilarious!!!