Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I have a new

calling in the Church, and I was actually sustained on Sunday when I was gone.  I am a counselor in the Stake Primary.  We met last Tuesday for the first time and then again today.

It is always a little nerve racking to receive a call from the Stake clerk saying the Stake President wants you to come into an interview.  I was quite relieved when it was in the Primary organization, which is the teaching arm of children up to 12.  I was also relieved to know I would be serving as a counselor and not the president.   I don't like being in charge of anything (except as Gary noted during the interview, I do like to be the boss in our marriage).

I'm actually feeling quite revitalized by this new calling. I already really enjoy the other women in the presidency, and it will be fun to visit the Primaries in the wards.  It will also be good for me to dig a little deeper spiritually than I have with my current callings.

I've been feeling a little in a rut with the Relief Society Activity committee, which I've served on for about 5 years now.   I'm also supposed to be released from my service to Ethan (the handicapped boy I am with during Primary) which I've done for several years.   I'll still happy to help with him when they need me to and when I'm not visiting the other primaries in our Stake.

Change is good when it makes you stretch a little.  

 

  

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

Oh, I'm excited for you!