Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

We went to

the Temple today.   And though we didn't plan it that way, I realized when we were there that it was exactly 20 years ago, and at that very time, that my Dad, Golden Stevens Anderson, passed from this life.

It was at about 5:30 in the evening, 20 years ago, when Charlene called me at Mom and Dad's home to tell me that Dad had just died.  At the time I felt that his spirit had stopped by on his way out.

(Reference: My Dad)  I felt so close to him then, and I feel close to him now.

All evening I've been thinking of the familiar quote:


"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take
 but by the moments that take your breath away."


Today has been one of those moments.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Annette, you know how in awe I was of both your parents!
But you Dad was given his name because he was"GOLDEN"!!!
One favorite memory that I havewas when I was at your house & I was sketching & your Dad said "I wish I could draw!" It took me totally by surprise! I said " of course you can draw!!! How did you make Annette's china closet w/o drawing it up first???"
He told me " I just figure it out in my head & then give the guys at the lumber yard the measurements I want the wood cut!!!" Why would he want to do kindergarten work when he was doing Celestial work!!!
He was Awesome & Golden!!!

Unknown said...

Annette, did you see my text message to you today???
You were probably in the temple when I sent it! 31 years ago today you were at Briana's BIRTHday Party!!!
You brought Chocolate Chip Cookies just for me!!!

Tom Anderson said...

Thanks for sharing that tender moment and sentiment.