Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Little changes.

Sometimes a little change of habit makes a difference in your overall mood.  

An example.  For years, when I've gone to bed, I've just picked up the decor pillows and tossed them at the base of the bed.  No big deal. 


But, one night I decided that I would stack them next to the bed. It added maybe 20 seconds.


But, the next morning I realized how nice it was to not have a bunch of pillows at the bottom of the bed.  The room seemed much cleaner.   Not earth shattering, I know.  But after a few days, Gary even commented on how much he liked not wading through the pillows in the dark when he's walking out (and I wake up briefly to wave goodbye to him).  

Maybe the next little habit I should work on is getting up and making breakfast (so I'm not just waving to him in the dark).    Yes, that would be a good idea.   In a few years . . . maybe . . . when he is retired.




2 comments:

nanabarbar said...

Annette, I need to get back to the point where I PUT the deceptive pillows on the bed! At least once a week or so!!!

Unknown said...

Oh no....don't start cooking breakfast. After you do that it never ends.