Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sometimes when

I hear of the difficulties people are going through, I feel very sheltered.  Or spoiled.  Or even shallow.

Because I am always amazed at the strength people show through very hard times.  Times of loss, worry, and of stress about what they or their loved ones are going through.   I've talked with several friends today whose burdens and responsibilities are heavy.   I admire their willingness to share their feelings, as I tend to be very private and proud.  I know sometimes that makes me more more detached than I want to be.

Sometimes all you can do is listen.   And you can pray.   And you can do little things to let them know you care.  I think there is great power in those things.   I want to harness that power more in my life.

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

I'm always glad to have you on my praying team. Your prayers have come through for me many times!