Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gary came home totally disgusted

with his school picture.  He said he looked like death warmed over.  He even posed by them to re-create the look.  The question is, has he gotten more or less smirky as the years have gone by.


Below is a post from Sept 9, 2009

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Smirky or Not Smirky?

Gary came home today carrying an envelope
that I readily identified as his school picture. 

He promptly asked me,

"What was that word you
and the girls used for my smile,
the one you all laughed at
when you saw last year's picture?"

Me, "Oh, you mean 'Smirk.'"

(Poor guy, we've got him totally
self-concious about his smile, or lack thereof) 

He turns over his new school picture:

"Is this a smirk?"


Me:  "Well, I don't think it's as
"Smirky as last year's."



I love this guy,
"Smirk" and all.
(but, I still can't keep from
laughing when I look at last year's.
It makes me think he's 
got some scheme cooking)
I love how he has no problem laughing at himself.  

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ha! I love it. Dad, you are just getting wiser, not smirkier.

Tiffany said...

I think you just need to show some teeth and then the smirk will disappear. :)

Tom Anderson said...

That is too ugly to be without some bad agenda going on. Watch your back!!!