Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn is

almost here, but the leaves have not changed much yet.  .



21 years ago today is when Dad passed away.  I always use this date as sort of a marker as to whether the leaves are changing earlier or later that year.  On the day that his obituary was in the paper, there was a beautiful picture of the changing leaves on the front page.  That is why I backed a copy of his obituary with the pictures from the front page.



Gary and I were discussing how our life 21 years ago seems like an entirely different lifetime.  In a sense it was.   At that time we were very involved with our parent's lives, and the girls were still young and living at home.

21 years later we are empty nesters with 2 son-in-laws and 9 grandchildren added to our family.  I wonder what it will be like 21 years from now?  If we are still alive, we will be 81 and probably have many great-grandchildren.   For that matter, we will still have many great-grandchildren even if we aren't alive.   We will just be watching over them from a different sphere.

Kind of just rambling here.  But I miss Mom and Dad and wonder what they are thinking as they are
given glimpses of our lives.  I hope they are not disappointed.
 


   


3 comments:

Misty B. said...

Love reading your blog! I can't imagine life in 20 years!

Tom Anderson said...

Well written and nice memory of mom and dad. I think mom and dad would be happy about all of us because we are all, humbly speaking, good and nice people who try hard to be kind. I miss them too.

Tiffany said...

Indeed, my life will be very different in 20! I sure hope you are still around!