Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, September 28, 2014

I'm still laughing at

an absurd moment I had tonight.  I'm not sure I can even describe why it struck me as so funny.

Natalie came over while I was talking on the phone, so she said hello and went downstairs to visit with Gary.  Pretty soon I heard Gary call for me a couple of times.  Once I was off the phone, I walked downstairs and asked what he needed.   He said, "Natty's hungry."

I just started laughing.  Here is my very capable 60 year old husband and 30 year old daughter, and Gary calls me downstairs to tell me that Natalie is hungry?

After a little explanation from Natalie, it became clear that she didn't need me to fix her food (we had eaten earlier and Natalie's just needed to be warmed up)   It was actually more a case of Gary thinking I should get off the phone.

Maybe it just took me back 30 years to when the girls were little. Who knows. But, regardless of the reason, it definitely struck my absurdity(funny) bone.   And I'm still laughing.  

(And speaking of Natalie, she is starting a new job tomorrow, and we are very excited for her)




  

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! It so reminds me of my life every day--like 30 times! I would have quickly told Nat and Dad to do it on their own!!