Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

It's not like

my life has been boring or anything.  You might think it has been, by the number of blog entries I've made the last little while.  It's also not like my life has been so busy that I don't have time to blog, either.  I guess I've just felt a little out of sync.

I've been worried about the need to get a job, since I haven't been working since June 1.  Business slowed down enough that they cut back.  It looks like I will be working a few hours a week now, and that will probably increase if orders pick up.   But, I still need to find something else to bring in some money,  I'm just dragging my feet and hoping I don't have to.  

I haven't been exercising either, but last week I started yoga again.  It is amazing how much difference it makes in the way I feel and move.  I now need to change my eating habits, which have been out of control all summer.

Enough about feeling out of sync.

In the middle of July (in between when the Idiarts left and the Bishop's came), we had our Hall Cousin's reunion.  The week before, I basically spent 12 hours a day organizing family history and getting the house ready.   Gary had gone to Chicago for a convention, so the whole house was turned into about 10 different projects.  I also scanned in pictures of all our past reunions, and made a slide show.   The reunion ended up being very nice.  But, I still need to follow up by making copies of histories and the slide show.  I'll feel glad when I get that done.

Here are pictures from the reunion.  It was hosted by my siblings and a cousin, Jeniel and her husband, Brent.


 

On Friday night we had dinner at our house and had everyone share their answers to 1 to 3 questions.
1)  What is the favorite memory of your Mom and Dad.
2)  What has been (or would be) your favorite vacation.
3)  What have you been doing for the last 5 years.

 I also bribed Natalie to sing a couple of songs.
(Well, actually, I gave her the guilt trip by saying
that if she wouldn't do it for me, that she 
should do it for Grandma and Grandpa)
 
We have several who are in poor health, but still made it.  
Robin is battling cancer and Tom is recovering from a stroke.








On Saturday morning, we went to the Provo Cemetery, the Old Springville Cemetery, and the Springville Evergreen Cemetery.   We placed flowers on the family graves, and Diane Kreth gave a short history of some of the older ones.  It was a very sweet experience.























After the cemetery we met back at Gary and Lynn's.  We had another wonderful meal, had the slide show, and shared memories of our grandparents.  I'll share some of those later.











That is actually just some of the pictures.  But since my blog entries are basically my life history, I want to include them for posterity.     




  


























































      





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to have you back. Great pictures of the reunion.

Misty B. said...

You all have done an amazing job keeping the family together!