Crinkled Oranges

Monday, August 3, 2015

Confessions

of a wife, mother, grandmother, and "wanna be" wedding planner.   Don't try to be all of those things.

As we loaded up every available vehicle to go out and decorate, I suddenly felt very silly.  Other words that come to mind are embarrassed, guilty, or ashamed. But, I guess silly is the best word to describe it.

What was I thinking when I spent so much time on serving dishes, decorations, DI trips, and non-essentials (which I didn't even use because there was too much stuff.)  I created lots and lots of work for my family and friends.

I guess one silver lining, which my daughters will appreciate in years to come, is that my grandchildren will not want a big wedding.  In fact, some of them will probably elope so they don't have to go through that again.   Nor will they ever look at weddings and the colors of "teal" and "coral" in the same way.

And, the other silver lining was that Natalie and Trent thought the day was perfect.  And, I likewise, thought it was perfect and beautiful day.  In spite of the chaos I created.  It was a beautiful day because we were surrounded by people who love Natalie and Trent.   That is what it was all about.

But what would I have done without friends and family who stepped up and filled in?


All I can say, is THANK YOU.  

And forgive me, please.

This picture taken of Gary while we were setting up the night before says it all.



Just some of the pre-wedding helpers (whether they liked it or not).  I kept telling the kids that "after the wedding I was going to only do when thing -- Play with them."  Annie and Luci reminded me of that promise more than a few times.












So, now that I've got the confession off my chest, I'm ready to start sharing all of the beautiful pictures from the wedding.








3 comments:

Misty B. said...

It was worth all the work Mom. It was beautiful. I'm just glad we were there to help and you didn't try to do it on your own!

Tiffany said...

I agree with Misty! I didn't feel bad one bit or think you were being silly. You were just making it perfect for Natalie and Trent! But you are right that my kids will never think of teal and coral the same again!

Unknown said...

I agree with Misty and Tiffany's thoughts and also that I have never met a teal or coral knick-nak I didn't like.