Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, August 22, 2015

It's the big 40

for Misty today.  Amazing.  That is what she was then, and she is even more so now.

Here are pictures of my journal entry two days after she was born.  Forty years ago, no one but the mom and dad were able to hold the babies in the hospital.  A lot has changed in 40 years, but not the love and appreciation we have for our oldest daughter.  

 

I'll just translate a little of the joy:  (I sound a little childish, but I guess I was still a bit of a child myself at 21)

Sunday, August 24, 1975
I can honestly say that today is one of the happiest days of my life.  It's 7 am in the morning, and I'm sitting in room 303 of the Utah Valley Hospital.  I just finished  showering and washing my hair, and before that I was nursing the most beautiful little baby girl in the world.  I just can't say how much I already love her.  When I sit and look at her make her different faces and the expressions, I just marvel.  I've got to be the luckiest girl in the world! 
 I just don't know what I would have done without Gary through all the labor and delivery.  He stayed by my side the whole time and gave me so much comfort and reassurance.  Last night when he came to see her and hold her for the first time since delivery, he was so cute.  I could have just stared at him holding her all night.   He watches her so closely and worries if she starts to cry a little.  It's hard to explain, really, but it's something very special . . .  
Yesterday when the grandparents came, it was so neat.  When they brought her up the to window to be looked at, she was just screaming her head off and did for most of the whole time.  She really put on a good show! 
Thank you for 40 joyful years, Misty! 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful sentiments from a new mom.

Misty B. said...

I love it Mom!