Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Today I

got to spend a couple of hours holding little Annalee, my friend's baby who was born with multiple health problems.  She is tube fed, and needs oxygen at all times. They know she will only live for a few years, at best, and have no way of knowing how much she is aware or capable of understanding.  At 3 months she is about 7 pounds, and they don't expect her to grow more than 9 or 10 pounds.

But, when I look into her eyes, I have no doubt that inside that frail body she has a beautiful and bold spirit.  Her mom is amazing and has the attitude that this is not a challenge, but rather that it is a great honor to be her mother.  No matter how long and difficult her time on earth may be.

To me, true heroes are those who deal with difficult things with grace and strength.  I know a lot of heroes.  





 


No comments: