Crinkled Oranges

Friday, August 28, 2015

My friend's

son passed away the first part of August.  He was in his 40's and his death was totally unexpected.  He had passed through a lot of sorrow the last few years as he dealt with a divorce and the issues involved with that.

My friend's heart is broken.  My heart is broken for her.  One thing that I love most about her is that she is totally honest in sharing her feelings.  Every since I have known her, she has said that if people don't know what you are going through or feeling, they can't pray for you or help you.   That is so true, yet sometimes I am too proud to acknowledge hurt or hardships.  She is a great example to me.

My friend, Dru, and I visit teach her, and on our first visit after his funeral, she had some fresh baked cookies for us when we came.  Here she is grieving, and she wanted to serve us.  I loved the cookies, and told her I would like the recipe.  

So yesterday, as I was driving home from Ogden, I was thinking about what I could make for my Primary meeting that night.   I thought of those cookies and wished I already had the recipe.  Amazingly, when I got home, there in the mail was a thank you note from her with this beautifully written recipe card enclosed.



I made them, and they are my new favorite cookie.  The unusual ingredients, that you don't really identify but that add to the flavor, are rum flavoring and toffee chips.


Sharing is what it is all about.

No comments: