Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Doc Management

business I'm in is so unpredictable.  I've been working more than 8 hours a day this week.  It's actually a pretty good week for that, as I have had few commitments.  But, this was the week I was going to finish organizing the "deep."   Some may doubt that (me among them).  But I really have been making progress.   What I really need to do is maximize my time during the slow periods.  Yet, somehow that tends to go against my basic nature.  So, I think I need to change my nature.  Which I will do as soon as this work flow is done. 

P.S.  Jackson was released from the hospital today.  He had staph infection in his bone and blood.  The thoughts of that puts terror in my heart.  But, he is responding well to the antibiotics.  He's not excited, though that he has to wear a "fanny pack" for two weeks so the antibiotics can be pumped into his body.  I think he would look really cute with his hospital dress and fanny pack, but he is not convinced.  I did tell him, though, that his life is more important than his image.  

2 comments:

Misty B. said...

Yes, all is well. I feel like I've been thru nursing 101 learning how to care for his toe and his IV line. You wouldn't believe the lengths we went to last night to make him look like nothing's wrong. We had to thread the IV up through his sleeve and tape it to his back so that it could fit through the whole we'd cut in his Nike satchel backpack. In the backpack is the fanny pack that holds the IV bag and pump. He just flat out refused to go to school wearing a fanny pack. I'll have to take a picture of it all and send. I forget what it's like to be 14 and need to fit in!

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that Jackson is resonding to the medication, and so grately that they caught it early. WE are thinking of him. I love you comments Misty......We are all thinking of him.