Crinkled Oranges

Monday, February 14, 2011

When I was at

Costco today, they had aisles of extra flowers for Valentines Day.  Almost everyone checking out was buying a bouquet.   It was fun to imagine who they were giving them to and to think of the happiness they would bring.  Then I ran into a friend who lost her husband recently. I felt sad, as it came home to me that Valentines day was probably an especially difficult day for her. And I thought how it must be painful for anyone who has lost someone they love through a decision or through death.

It made me realize that I need to more fully appreciate the everyday moments I have.

I'm sitting here in one recliner (with my laptop), while the only boy/man I've had eyes for since I was 13, is sitting here in another recliner (with his laptop).  Romantic, huh?  Well, yes it is.  That we can sit in our comfortable home, side by side, doing our own thing, and be totally content. It's not like we haven't celebrated Valentines all weekend or tonight when we went to dinner.  And there was that nice little Chico's bag sitting in the car when I got in it.

But, the moments I want to appreciate even more are those like I'm having right now.   So that's what I'm doing.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Annette, I swear you should have a Martha Stewart show of your own. I loved the chocolate cookie recipe. I must say i have the same feelings about Brent that you have about Gary. It is nice to be content and have someone you have loved for so long. Love you guys. Robin

tingey said...

Robin.......you need too understand something. Every recipe Annette has is because she fills up her DVR with, "STUDIO 5 on KSL", yes 98% comes from the VCR or who ever has the best recipe on the show that day. "NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT".