Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here is what

I've been up to for the last two days.

(Pardon the smudge on the camera lens -- I think I got some frosting on it)









I was able to work with these wonderful ladies from our Edgemont Stake. 

I only knew Sue beforehand, but it was really fun to get to know each of the other women. Each one had their individual gifts and skills, and together we were able to pull it together.  There was a wonderful salad with mixed greens, craisins, apples, feta cheese, almonds, and sugared walnuts.  The dressing was made with red onions, mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, and canola oil.  As soon as I get the exact recipe from Sue, I'll post it.   I wish I had pictures of the salad and breads, but once we had those out ready to serve, the people were coming in.  The Stake leaders gave each of us an apron with the theme, "Establish Righteous Homes," along with our names embroidered on them.  

Yesterday, after setting up for 4 hours, Gary asked me what we had been doing for that long.  I think men just don't understand.  What would be a simple process for men becomes a home decorating project for women.    We arrange, evaluate, rearrange, seek opinions, and then end up with something we all like.  It always helps when you have like-minded people who are a little on the OCD side.

It was fun to be involved, and it wasn't too stressful because there was such a great committee.  But, it's always so nice to have things like this done, and my body is definitely telling me I'm not as young as I used to be. 

PS  I really need to clean my camera lens 


5 comments:

Gary said...

I know most people would be totally amazed at this over-the-top production, but I'm very accustomed to it. Especially if the production involves cupcakes or flower-pins. I wouldn't have it any other way :-)

Tom Anderson said...

Over the top production is a very good way to desscribe by little sister, and I agree, I would not have it any other way either. It is cruel to show those chocolate cupcakes without having one in my hand.

Tiffany said...

It looks gorgeous. Doesn't surprise me at all. Glad you can relax a little bit until you come here!

Robin said...

Annette, I am not amazed at all at the beautiful results. I even recognized some of the ladies. It looked wonderful!! Way to go. Robin

Unknown said...

I have to admit....I do not understand either!!!!