Crinkled Oranges

Friday, April 22, 2011

We were deciding whether

to go out to dinner tonight or not.  We went out last night, but it has been a long week and an especially hectic day with testing.  Then we read the text from Tiffany saying that Justin had passed the Oregon Bar Exam.  Yeah!  We are so happy for them.  Gary immediately said that we were going out to celebrate, so our decision was made.

After dinner at Cafe Rio and a mandatory Costco stop, I told Gary we were going to go home and watch a movie and snuggle.  We really don't do that often, because we are usually on the computer, doing some project, or falling asleep in the chair (or at least one of us is)   So, when we got home I asked him if he wanted me to put on my Brown MuMu or my Blue MuMu.   He told me to surprise him.

I made them both before my trip to Oregon.  I don't like sleeping in pajamas, and I want something that is modest that I can walk around the house in and even answer the door in.  So my solution is a Mu Mu.   I even made them quite elegant with burnt edge flowers sewn on.





Misty loved them so much that she picked out some fabric for me to make her one (Lydia's only request was that the fabric not be tie dye). 

So, as I'm sitting here in my brown MuMu writing this blog entry, I'm thinking I'll make one for Tiffany in honor of Justin passing the bar!  (Inside joke-- Justin is not a big fan of Tifaany wearing a MuMu)  Ok, maybe I'll send him some orange slice candy, instead.   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the blog!!!! But, I have to tell you, I am seeing mom here :)

Tom Anderson said...

Good job Justin!!!! You are on your way. Happy for you. As for the MuMU's or whatever they are called. I am sorry. I do not like them, no matter what the color or fabric. But, if you do, then that is what matters. However, I do believe I recall Dad saying he did not like them either. And like you, Mom wore them anyway. Are MuMu's in the genes??

Misty B. said...

I encourage all to try wearing one, just one evening and the comfort will have you hooked! I can't wait for my new one!