Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm back to my normal life once again.

It is always kind of interesting to me how quickly your mind/body can switch from one mind-set to another.  You can be totally immersed in whatever you are doing and whoever you are with (like I have been for the last 10 days).    But when that ends, you go back to your normal life so seamlessly that, in some ways, it doesn't even seem like you ever left it.  

For me it's called a survival strategy.  I've gotten better at the transitioning part of it.  The first few times I was separated from my children and grandchildren after moves, I felt devastated.  Every time we visited them and left, or they visited us and went home, my heart would feel like it would break.   I would cry all the way home.   Maybe I'm becoming more emotionally mature?  I hope so.  But more than anything I've come to realize that it is part of the journey of life, and I can't stop the movement.   I'm just glad I live in such a time as we do when long distance does not mean lack of contact and relationships.  And I'm also grateful for what I do have right here under my nose.   Well, maybe not under my nose, but by my side and around me.    So I guess the point I'm trying to make is that . . . I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make.    So let's just use the old cliche, "Bloom Where You're Planted" (and don't forget to fertilize and nourish the soil around you).

I'm probably going to regret this entry, because I'm feeling half asleep. Tonight I finished reading the 10 days worth of newspapers I missed while I was gone. An hour ago I told Gary my hands were black, but I had finally finished reading the papers and was going to bed. So why am I here writing when I'm seeing double?


Oh well, I can always delete it if it doesn't make sense in the morning.


 

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

I get up early, so too late to delete it. I am happy you didn't. It made good sense to me and know exactly how you feel. Life goes on and not much we can do to alter the past.

"The Moving Finger writes;and, having writ, Moves on:nor all the Piety nor Wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word ot it. Omar Khayyam