Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I don't like this

at all.  In the last few months, all three of my brothers have had major health scares.  Richard had a major heart attack in November with accompanying stent replacements.  Gary had the major episode in December where we thought we would never have him back with us. 

Tuesday night I got a text from Lynn, Tom's wife, telling us that Tom had chest pains the night before and went by ambulance to the hospital.  The tests the next day showed just a slight abnormality in his stress test, so they went in and did an angiogram.  What they came back with was that he has major blockages in many places in his heart.  Some are 100% blocked, 99% blocked, and 80 to 90% blocked.  The Dr. said he was lucky he hadn't had a massive heart attack.

So right now he is having open heart surgery for 4 to 5 bypasses.  I'm waiting for word on how it went.  As I said  before, I don't like this at all.

 I've been thinking of Mom and Dad and feel sure that they are near and close to what is happening in our lives.

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be praying.