Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's almost here!

Bunny Hollow Bed and Breakfast opens a week from today!  This will be our 3rd annual Girls (and Gary) retreat, where Misty and Tiffany come to visit.  This is the first year that there will not be a baby coming, as Lucienne and Marshall have grown up.    That is sad for me but very nice for them.

 I've asked the girls to pin on pinterest ideas for crafts they would like to do when they are here.  So yesterday I copied them down and went on a mission to get supplies.

Two years ago we were into the Burnt Edge Flower craze.  And it was crazy!  Last year we made key fobs.  That was actually a little less time consuming but was not as therapeutic or brainless as the flowers.  This year it seems to be focusing on sewing projects.

 Things like this:

  Pinned Image


and this
(laminated placemats)

Pinned Image

and these

Ruffle Magic from T-shirts (these look a little intimidating)
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

So, instead of cleaning my very neglected house, I am experimenting with some of these projects.  That is much more fun!

PS:  I will definitely clean my fridge, though, because Misty and Tiffany are fridge snobs!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a size Large for the tops :)

Tiffany said...

You should see my fridge right now. . .you could not call me a fridge snob!!! And yes, I'm excited for our projects. We don't have to do ALL of them though! That's a lot of sewing :). But I'm excited to create!

Becky said...

Those crafts DO look like fun. Especially the table runner. Though I'm not sure how you are able to find time for crafts with gaggles of children about. You all must be super women!

Tom Anderson said...

Bunny Hallow is one of the great Bed and Breakfasts.

Shay said...

You can experiment with Maris size shirts. I'd be more than happy to let you.
Sharilyn

Misty B. said...

I'm excited about the lack of responsibility and grown up conversation that doesn't involve baseball stats (though I can talk a good baseball talk when needed). I might even enjoy sewing with my mind so relaxed. Please don't clean too much. What you don't realize is my fridge is the ONLY thing in my house that stays clean!

Angie Murphy said...

One of these years I am going to invite myself to the entire week of bunny hallow. Sewing is sooooooo much more fun without kids around. Wish I could see you guys. Have a great time.