Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy

Independence Day!



I've had mixed emotions today about what used to be our annual "Ashton Stadium of Fire."  I'm big on tradition, so it didn't seem right not to have it.  But, now that we can no longer do fireworks in front of our home, it's also just not the same.  Last year we held it at the elementary school, but the personal aspect was gone and the work was tripled.   For that reason, I was very relieved today that we weren't having to worry about it.  But I still have mixed emotions, and Natalie said she was disappointed because her favorite part is hearing Dad's commentary.   

We did celebrate the 4th, though, with a barbecue at Gary and Lynn's.  I love having them so close. Tom's kids are in, and we had such a good time visiting with them.   I'm really feeling for them right now, as the reason they are here is to go through their Mom's belongings.  That is such a hard thing to do, and I'm glad that they are able to do it all together.   

Here are some pictures to make Tom jealous!













 



   

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun! Wish we could have been there. I'm glad to see that Dad is still wearing his red and white shorts even though he couldn't have his fireworks show! I'm sure your enjoyed your day much more. i'd be praising the fire department if I were you for giving you a great "out" of tradition. :) Can't wait to see you soon!

Tom Anderson said...

Well, it worked. I am jealous. But, I am very happy you got the kids together for the party. I am sure they needed that. The photos were great. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Unknown said...

You made me jealous too. Looks like fun.

Steph, Bryce, Andie, Bree, and Zoe said...

We do miss Gary's commentary too, but we had a lot of fun just getting together! Thank you for all the work you do :)