Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, July 14, 2012

When I decide to

make a mess, I really do it well.  I think I can have bragging rights in that regard.

It's been, I don't know how long, since we had the carpets cleaned.  And they were driving me nuts.   It was especially bad in my craft room.  The carpet cleaner asked me what the stains were (so he could best know how to clean them) and I told him I had no idea.  Glue, ink, chalk, food?  You name it, and it was probably there.  

In the process I had to get everything off of the floor in all the carpeted rooms in the house.  On top of that, I was trying to sort, organize and purge, with only limited success.   Just imagine piles of stuff stacked on every non-floor surface.  When will I ever learn?

Anyway, the carpet cleaned up really well, but it is still not completely dry in the basement.  I'm starting to panic a little bit, as our very anticipated guests are coming in the next few days.  We are so excited to have the Idiart crew come to visit.  They will just have to forgive me if they have to sleep upstairs for a few days.

But, it feels really good to have the carpet clean.  Even in places that it doesn't look different, my bare feet know the difference.    And now the craft room is ready for the next wave of projects, which I know will include lots of paper doll making.  I can't wait!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

We don't mind wet carpet! We can't wait. Now I just need to start laundry and packing. :)

Tom Anderson said...

You remind me of Lucy on I love Lucy.

Unknown said...

What were you thinking!!!! You clean carpets AFTER you have guests, not before!!!!