Crinkled Oranges

Monday, July 2, 2012

Saturday night we went

to a family get-together for the Thomas Reese and Lucy Anderson grandchildren.  It was held at my cousin, Jean Ann's, house in Orem.   We didn't always have a lot of opportunites to get together with some of the cousins when we were younger.   We were close with Uncle Arch and Uncle Jack and their families.  We got together with Uncle Hal and Uncle Ruelon sometimes, but their kids were considerably older than us.    Dad had only one sister, Nita White, and they always lived further away.  So it was nice to get to know several of the White cousins better at the get-together.   The cousins range in age from the oldest, Floyd at 89, to me at 58.    Grandpa Anderson died in 1957 when I was just 4, and Grandma Anderson died when Dad was 14,  so they have been gone for many years.
 It gives you an interesting view on the cycles of life.   I wonder if they are given a glimpse of their grandchildren as they gather now as mature adults.   50 years from now, my grandchildren will be in their 50s and 60s.   What will they be like, and what remembrances will they have of us?

Here are some pictures from the evening.









  






3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was fun to see the Anderson cousins. They all have had such interesting lives. Our family is definitely the least prolific when it comes to having children.

Tom Anderson said...

I enjoyed the comments and photos. My memories of that side of our family are sparse. I wish I could have been there. Thanks.

Misty B. said...

You know, I actually recognize most the people in those pictures. I wouldn't know their names, but faces I do.