Crinkled Oranges

Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm losing

my confidence with making cupcakes.  We've made some vanilla and some chocolate, and both have different problems.  I had to bake both of them 10 minutes longer than I do at home, and the vanilla were too dry and the chocolate were not done.  (I'm afraid my cupcake pride has been severely damaged.)

he kids don't seem to mind, though.   They are not real frosting lovers, so I made a cool whip, cocoa, and powdered sugar mixture that tastes good and holds it's shape well.  

Annie and cousin, Mary

Lucienee going for the good stuff.



PS:  The kids are being great, and I'm having lots of fun. 
I do, however, miss my convection oven
and my husband (of course) 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder what your next obsession will be......I hope it is still something chocolate.

Tom Anderson said...

Felt like home when I read your blog and noticed that the cupcakes were first, then the grandkids, and then at the end you threw in missing Gary. You are not alone Gary.

Gary said...

Tom, I'm just happy to be named in the list of Annette's priorities at all. No matter how low on the totem pole I maybe :-)