Crinkled Oranges

Friday, March 4, 2011

Never let it be said

that I don't follow-through with goals.

I was determined to declutter today. 
I know, I've said it before. 
I've done it before.   
I've avoided it before. 

Well, today I did it in a creative way. 

I went to yoga (a good thing).  
Came home and got ready (another good thing).   
But then I got sidetracked on the way to the "deep" to declutter.

I stopped to look at my computer and googled "decluttering" so I could get inspired.  As I was doing that, I turned on "Studio 5," the lifestyle show I record every day.  That's when I got inspired.  Because I catch a lot of flack (from certain people) for filling the DVR recording space with "Studio 5's," I decided to declutter my DVR.

So I've been sitting here for 2 (ok maybe 3) hours catching up with a month's worth of the show.  I've learned new craft ideas, collected some new recipes, and even watched a segment on decluttering.   And, I was doing all that as I was decluttering the DVR.   In all modesty, I have to say that sometimes I have brilliant ideas :)

Now maybe, as I watch the last 6 recordings, there will be a psychological counseling segment dealing with avoidance and procrastination.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Hahaha! Well, Dad and Duke will be happy about that type of declutter for sure. I'd say this is a very brilliant Idea :)

Gary said...

I'm very happy for Duke and myself and would be likewise happy to offer psychological counseling to my wife as oppose to her receiving it on Studio 5 :)

Tom Anderson said...

I think you both need help!!!!

Tiffany said...

Probably one of my favorite entries ever! Love you!

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

That's my kind of de-cluttering. Why is it when I actually buckle-down and de-clutter- it's never as bad as I imagined? Please share some of what you learned on Studio 5 with us.

Misty B. said...

I agree with Tiff. I can't stop laughing!