Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Catch-up!

It has been a whirlwind few days celebrating the 4th.   
Making cupcakes.

Taste testing two different vanilla cupcake recipes.
(I'll post the winning recipe later)
Going the the Freedom Festival Stadium of Fire


 I can't envision a more beautiful view.


The parade.

Lydia mimicking Grandpa as he was explaining the ebb and flow of the parade. These two need to go to time-out sometimes.  Grandpa does everything he can to annoy Lydia, and she responds in kind.

The last entry of the parade.  I bought these shorts for him as a joke 2 years ago, and he now wears them a lot, especially on the 4th.  Lydia is mortified and Gary is elated.

Preparations for our own Stadium of Fire
(held at the elementary school).


Cupcakes!



The highly trained Pyro-technicians




The only damper on the evening was the rain that came down right during the fireworks. But it wasn't cold, so it was OK.  Natalie made a play list of patriotic music, and Gary had a PA system we could hear the music and his commentary.  We really appreciated the Roylance family who helped us set up and clean up the tables and chairs.  It was fun to see many of the kids who grew up in the neighborhood come back with their wives and children.




Family









 Some random shots of  friends who came.


















































 



 I'm grateful for the poeple in my life.

3 comments:

Misty B. said...

WOW!!!! You guys know how to throw a party.

Tom Anderson said...

Good job Annette. I loved the photos.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Wow, I feel like I was there, when in reality we were driving home and said, "Gary's fireworks look like the Stadium of Fire! I was SO impressed. Next year we will plan better...and I'll bring fudge.