Crinkled Oranges

Friday, July 8, 2011

I am so

frustrated!  Last week my hard drive crashed.  I had a new hard drive installed, and thought I would be able to get my files from my passport back-up device.  It is not that simple.  In fact it is very complicated.  Supposedly it has been backing up every night, but it is in formats that do not now work.  I've spent two days re-installing my programs, only to find that the back-up files can't be opened.  Even with Gary's help, it is not happening.  I'm frustrated with myself, too, for not backing up on a thumb drive.  I've been able to get most word documents, but not from the last few months.  Sometimes it seems so nice to not have hard copies of pictures and documents, but in the long run, it is probably smart to have them for everything that is important.

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Thanks for the warning. I am going to buy a thumb drive and use it today. I love computers until they have total control over you and make you helpless. Then, I hate this stupid computer age!!!

Misty B. said...

Mom, do you need copies from the disk you made me of your trip out. I'm so sorry, that's very frustrating!