Crinkled Oranges

Friday, July 15, 2011

We spent most of the

day yesterday celebrating the wedding of Lauren and Jacob.  Lauren was begat by my nephew, Cory, who was begat by my brother, Gary, who was begat by my father, Golden.   Just a little genealogy there (where are the women who really begat them in that equation?)

The ceremony at the Mt. Timpanogos temple, the luncheon, and the reception were all wonderful.  At the reception they had a place to write your advice or congratulations.  My advice was, "Always look each other in the eyes the way you have today."  I loved watching them look at each other with such adoration.  I know I feel that way, but I'm not sure my face always shows it.  Here are pictures from the day.

Jacob and Lauren outside the temple.
 Gary and Lynn at the Luncheon
 All of Cory and Stacy's family.
 4 Anderson siblings, minus the black sheep (Ha, got you, Tom)
 Natalie and Gary
 Gary, Lynn, Natalie, Richard
 Me and Gary 
 Gary and Natalie Dancing
 Natalie and Gary dancing
 The grandparents, Lynn and Gary, dancing.
 Me and Gary dancing. 
I think I can't look him in the eyes because he is too much taller than me. 
 It's a small world!  Lee Lewis, the son of Gary's cousin, Lynn, came up to us at the reception.  We haven't seen him since his wedding reception 7 years ago.  It turns out that Jacob is doing his internship with Lee's insusrance company.  It was so fun to visit with him.
 Jacob and Lauren came out to leave with all of us holding sparcklers. 
I've never seen that done, and it was so fun. 

No comments: