Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Let's

see.  What has been going on since I last posted. 

We cleaned up the back patio really well on Saturday, and got rid of two old filing cabinets that have been there for 20 years.  We didn't get rid of what was in them, but the patio looks much better and cleaner without the rusty old filing cabinet decor.  I'm not sure what Gary's going to do with the 3 large bins of files and papers we filled with the filing cabinet contents.  I'm particularly wondering what he's going to do with the one big bin that is filled with all his baseball game plans and practice notes from 30 years ago.   But he says they will be important some day for writing his personal history. Interesting?   I guess shouldn't be one to talk about saving sentimental things.  Basically, between  the two of us, we are a hopeless case.

Duke hauled the stuff we were getting rid of to the dump, and then we had the Norton's over for an impromptu barbecue.  It was fun.  It makes me realize that we should do spontaneous things like that more often.




Sunday after church we had an Anderson style shower (with the whole family) for Gary and Lynn's granddaughter, Lauren.  We were going to have it here, but Gary and Lynn offered to have it at their place as the first official family get-together in their newly remodeled home.  The way things worked out, I was very glad that I didn't have to get the house ready along with the gifts.  Their house is beautiful, and it was fun to be with everyone.  Unfortunately, my camera battery went out, so this is the only picture I have. 

Then Monday was spent trying to get the house and yard ready for the Relief Society activity being held here on Tuesday.  It turned out that it was a good thing I got most of it done on Monday, because on Tuesday our refrigerator died.  I didn't realize it had until I saw some puddles of water on the floor.  When I opened the freezer, everything was thawed.  That was definitely not on the agenda.  I was going to make a different treat for the party, but when I saw the bag of Rhodes rolls soft and pliable and ready to roll out, I made cinnamon rolls instead.  Then Gary and I had to go out to find a new fridge that could be delivered today. That was definitely not in the budget.   But the weather cooperated and the party called, "Sit and Chat and Finish That," was very fun. 



 


So, today I'm very tired.  I'm feeling all "funned" out,
and am determined to get to bed before 10 pm. 

So, I've got 6 minutes.  Good night.

4 comments:

Misty B. said...

As I was reading this post I decided that your mom would be very proud of you. You've definately done your part of keeping the family grapevine going. I for one am very grateful that, even though you're tired sometimes, you keep the blog going!

Tom Anderson said...

I got tired just reading about your activities!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

The party was a great success, I loved every bit of it. I wish I had seen the rusty filing cabinets before so I could tell you how much nicer it looks now. I'll tell you anyway. Your back yard looked like something out of Better Homes and Garden. I didn't get around to visit with everyone, which I feel bad about. Please thank your committee for me. It really was a wonderful party. (Even if there were no cupcakes. Ha ha.)

tingey said...

with this in mind....the steaks were on me?