Crinkled Oranges

Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm so glad

we did the yard clean-up on Thursday.  It feels so good to "put the garden to bed." 



 I loved finding the evidence, hiding in the bushes,
 of the grand children's visit this summer.
I also found further evidence that our neighbor's
chicken had been in our yard.
Either that, or I'm miraculously growing eggs.

I'm especially grateful we got it done last week, because on Saturday I fell in a parking lot when I tripped on a speed bump.  It was one of those really dumb moments that go in slow motion.  My left knee took the brunt of it, and it has been really painful since.  I wasn't about to let the fall stop me from visiting Richard, but I stayed home from church yesterday and stayed off of it and iced it all day.  Gary came home from church and cleaned up for me, and when Natalie came she cooked eggs and made a yogurt parfait.  I don't like being down, but they were very sweet to me.



I've spent two days babying it, but now I'm going to put it to the test by using it.   I've promised Gary that if it still hurts in a couple of days, that I'll go to a Dr.  I just really don't want it to be an injury, so I'm thinking positively.

3 comments:

Misty B. said...

I so wish I was there to take care of you!

Tom Anderson said...

You live in a very dangerous environment. Wish I were there to take care of you like you did for me when I fell.

Unknown said...

What saome people won't do to get out of going to church. :) Go to the doctor.....