Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I've been

searching my computer for my picture files.  When my computer crashed back in July, I thought that with the external hard drive I was using that I could just pull everything up with a click.  Not so.  I guess it was not configured that way.  Anyway, it is frustrating, to say the least. 

I'm been searching for 2011 pictures that I can use for our Christmas letter.  I'm not having a lot of luck.  So, I came to this blog to see what pictures I've posted that I could use.   I got pleasantly side-tracked with the pictures from last Christmas. 

As I looked at them, my heart filled with love, and I was reminded of the joy I feel when family is together.  Not that I need reminding.  It's just that I don't dwell on the missing them, or I would feel constant sadness at the distance between us.   I'm just so grateful that we are able to see them as much as we do.  Needless to say, I'm getting very excited for Christmas.  The Idiarts are coming a few days before Christmas and the Bishops will be here a couple of days after.   Our house bursts at the seams when 13 extra bodies come to sleep, and my heart does too. 

I can't wait!

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I know you love those times, and rightfully so. You have a wonderful family.

Misty B. said...

Yes, Tom's right--you have a wonderful family! We too are so excited. Lydia has mentioned several times how much she can't wait. There's something magical about being with you and Dad, and not just at Christmas. See you soon!

Tiffany said...

We can't wait too! Wish we could be magically transported somehow! Kids talk about it daily. :)