Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I've been asking

myself the last few days, as I've switched from decorating the house and creating our Christmas newsletter, Why am I doing this? 

The decorations this year have actually been fun and easy.  Believe it or not, I've really simplified.  I've been telling my self, "Just because you have this decoration, it doesn't mean you have to use it every year."  Quite liberating, actually.  I remember last year, when the whole family was here,  that everything was way too cluttered.  So my goal this year is to have nothing sitting on the floor and to make sure it is all functional.  I'm doing pretty well so far.

It's the newsletter that is driving me nuts.  Twice I've gotten corrupted files and had to start over.  Will someone please remind me to be savvy at photo shop by this time next year?  It would simplify things a lot.  As to the question, "Why am I doing this?"  I can't decide.  Is it ego and pride?  Is it a desire to reach out to friends and family?   Because it's tradition?  It is probably a combination of all.   

Anyway, I'm actually running off the newsletter, so it's too late now to fuss with it any more. 

In the meantime . . . the part of the house I have been most excited about is this:



I just need to make labels for the jars.
If you live nearby, please drop in to our 
"Grandma and Granpa Country Store" 
I'll give you free tokens that you can redeem
for a treat of your choice.

7 comments:

TobyBo said...

oh, my. That display is AMAZING!

Becky said...

This makes me want to be a kid again and come by your house and eat your treats like I used to back in the day. Also, my kids would love this. I wish I were more christmasy.

Tom Anderson said...

Very nice my creative little sister. As to why you do it? Don't know, just happy you do.

Tiffany said...

Just showed this picture to the kids before school and they are so excited! In classic Ashton style he said, "It's everything a child could dream of!" So true. Can't wait.

Misty B. said...

I don't know if Harrison can get more excited. He's working himself into a frenzie about Christmas! I think he gets the frenzie part from his mom!

Unknown said...

As always, your decorations amaze me.

utmommy said...

Looks wonderful! You always have such fun, cute ideas. I love it!