Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I told Santa

that Gary has not been a very good boy lately.


Us at Timpview Christmas Party on Monday
I only occasionally forget to throw away paper towels in the kitchen, but Gary still shuffles through papers at church with regularity.  And it really, really annoys me.  I mean really.  It feels to me like he is deliberately doing it just to annoy me.  Can you tell I'm annoyed?    If you wonder what in the world I'm talking about, read this previous blog entry (Paper towel -- rustling papers pact)

I guess I need to do a little repenting, since I am allowing myself to be so annoyed.  I especially don't like feeling annoyed at church when I'm striving extra hard to feel God's love and extend it to others.  Annoyance and love really don't go hand in hand.   So my goal is to quit being annoyed.  Even if I feel justified in being annoyed, I should not allow myself to feel annoyance.   

(If the haven't noticed, the word "annoying" is really quite annoying.)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lucienne just looked at this picture and asked "Is that a fake Santa or a real Santa?" I told her it was a real Santa and she said, "That silly Santa!"

Tom Anderson said...

Wow, you are annoyed!! I side with you though. Just take his papers and rip them up, that is the Christian thing to do. After all, Christ cleared the temple!!!

Misty B. said...

Hmmm, I'm seeing a new side of you Mom. But it's not such a new idea to me, being annoyed is one of my rare talents. I always wondered where I got this trait from. But I think the fact that you've hidden it all these years is commendable!