Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thursday night

Margie and Lance came in from Arizona.  We always enjoy visiting with them.  They left this morning to go home.  We were able to go to lunch with Gary's other sisters, Geniel and Janice, and their husbands on Friday.  We also went to the new "Sherlock Holmes" movie and the Extended Ashton family Christmas party on Saturday.

Saturday morning I went up to see Gary again.  There has not been any change really, but the plan was to bring him down to a rehab center today.  I haven't heard from Lynn if that has happened yet.  She seems so exhausted, but is keeping her hope up as best as possible.  I have been feeling such anxiety about him.  I was so glad I went up to see him and came home feeling a little more peace in my heart.  I was able to go to lunch with Lynn and figure out which of Gary's hearing aids worked and which batteries were good.  I don't know if that will help him, but a big concern I have for myself is that I will be in the hospital someday with my hearing aids not working.  When Mom had her heart attack and was not responding to instructions and was very agitated, I realized she didn't have her hearing aids in.  When I put them in, she calmed right down because she could hear what was going on.  So, anyone who is with me if I'm in the hospital, please remember to check my hearing aids.

I gave a big sigh of relief after the Studio 5 "skype" segment on Thursday.  I was glad Margie was here to give me moral support.  They said it would help to have the TV on so I could see what they were showing, but I think it confused me more because of the time delay.  I can't believe I actually brought that upon myself by submitting the idea.  Never again, believe me.

I'm looking forward to finishing some Christmas preparations in the next few days.  I'm also looking forward to spending more time on the spiritual blessings of the season.  So far I've focused far too much on the physical.  I'm also looking forward to having the first of our Christmas guests, the Idiarts, arrive toward the end of the week.  I'm really praying for good traveling weather, too.   

No comments: