Crinkled Oranges

Monday, December 5, 2011

Remember when I was so

proud of my bathtub refinishing? 



Well it was a quick fix, but not a long one.  This is how it looks now.   Peeling off, ugly, and gray.



So last week we went out to Lowes to check out new bathtubs.  Gary thought this one was a good choice, since our bodies seem to be telling us that we're getting older.


The point of this blog entry is to say, "Don't refinish your own bathtub."  I guess another point is, "Sometimes the band-aid approach just doesn't work."  And the last point is . . .  Well, I can't really remember what my last point is (I identify far too well with presidential candidate, Rick Perry)    Anyway, I don't want my grandchildren bathing in this bathtub.   So I 'm looking for other alternatives.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to know that about the refinsihing of the bathtub. I was considering doing ours! Now I wont! We have an old claw foot that is well over 100.....

Tom Anderson said...

What is your husband doing!!!!!!He needs more than a bath.

Misty B. said...

Your grandchildren would be blessed to bath in a tub that was refinished with such love--don't do anything on their account!