Crinkled Oranges

Monday, March 19, 2012

I can't put my finger

on why exactly.  But I'm feeling very uninspired and unmotivated.  I've had the sewing machine set up in the family room for two weeks, and I've gone through a pile of mending and sewn five aprons. That should make me feel accomplished.   But, I think I'm overwhelmed by the, umm, 20 or more aprons that I have cut out and ready to sew. 

It all goes back to when I was on a "finding cute fabric for aprons" kick.  Do you know how many cute fabrics there are for aprons out there?  Especially cute cupcake fabric.  I haven't been on the fabric kick for 2 years or so, but I still have the fabric.  I went through the process a few months ago of cutting out most of the fabric using the various apron patterns I have.  That was progress.  But now I need motivation.

But I have a headache, and what I really want to do is make chocolate chip cookies, grab a book, snuggle in a blanket, eat the cookies, and not feel one ounce of guilt while doing it. 

I'm still debating. 

3 comments:

TobyBo said...

the aprons sound cute, but here's hoping the cookies won, and that the headache surrendered.

Tom Anderson said...

Reward yourself. You work hard.

Unknown said...

I hopr you ate a cookie and snuggled and read a book. I don't think I know anyone who is more productive than you, even on your bad days.