Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's been a

busy couple of days.  Yesterday I spent all day making the banner and various cupcake holders that look like flowers.  Then we had the event celebrating 170 years of Relief Society.  I have a great appreciation for the organization of Relief Society in our church.  Through visiting teaching, serving meals at events and funerals, or serving to individual homes, there is a great bond that forms and a great strength that comes with it.

After I got home last night, I worked for several hours on the computer for work.   Then this morning I drove Gary and Lynn to the airport.  We had a moment of stress when we realized that Lynn had left her purse with everything in it --drivers license, money, checks, phone, etc., back at home.  I was amazed when she went to the desk to see if she could fly without her ID, but would have to go through a special line.  That was a relief. 

Then I met with Loralee and company up in Blluffdale for almost 4 hours as we tried to fine tune the methods we are using with the spreadsheet and ways to make the ordering less complicated.  I left feeling much lighter hearted, because we were able to take each persons ideas and make it work.  They are such nice people

Then I came home and went to dinner with Gary, went and Fed-exed Lynn's purse to he, and then came home and worked for another 3 yours.  But it feels good.  Just doing creative things yesterday and having creative discussions about photo shooting parties and ideas for pulling them together, kind of gets my fire kindled a little.  I've kind of felt in the dumps for some reason.  Creating beautiful things, and just actually the act of creating brings energy.

4 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

You are a true artist. Looks so yummy.

Unknown said...

Whew....your day makes me tired. I don't know how Gary and Lynn survive trips. Thank goodness you were ethere for them.

Misty B. said...

I totally agree about the creating thing! I've been feeling the same lately and somehow creating new stacks of clean folded laundry doesn't count...if it did I'd be a creative genius!

Tiffany said...

We can have lots of creative time at Bunny Hollow!