Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I saw a

saying the other day, in regards to St Patrick's Day.  It said, "Blessed, not Lucky."  That is the way I feel about so many things in my life.  I don't feel lucky, per se, but I definitely do feel blessed.  

I've always loved the irish blessing that goes something like this.   "May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of your hand."  I have that on a plaque my friend, Barbara, and I made 27 or so years ago.  She painted it and I wrote it in calligraphy.

Like I mentioned, I didn't get out my St. Patricks decorations this year.   But I did make one project that I saw on pinterest.  

  
The website I copied it from didn't have the colored cardstock backing like I have. They just arranged it in the bag.   But, I needed them to keep their shape, so I added it.   I had quite a time finding the rainbow colored twizzlers, as I think everyone else in Happy Valley saw the same pinterest site and bought out the stores.  The gold is Rolo's candy.   My saying that goes with this treat is, "You are the Gold at the end of my Rainbow."  I'm not Irish, but hey, I can still use Irish prose. 

2 comments:

Misty B. said...

My kids LOVED them! (ok I admit I ate a rolo or two or three) I think that's the first St. Patty's day package ever. You're an amazing Grandma!

Unknown said...

I hope I get one!!!!

Most people celebrate St. Patty's Day very differently, but yours is probably a lot more health.

Great idea as always.