Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cans of Comfort

The other night I saw a newscast about a woman whose husband was killed in a shooting at a mall.   As a way of dealing with the grief and loss, she has started a foundation that makes "Cans of Comfort" to give to families that are going through traumatic loss.  I thought that was a beautiful idea it was.  

My friend, Dianne, and I had been talking about how to put together a gift basket for our friend from "lunch bunch" who lost her husband a few weeks ago.   Though we didn't use a can, we put together a "Cup of Comfort" with soup, gift certificates for a spa and candy, and a few other small items.   When we gave it to her today at lunch, she said it looked like a pamper package.  Which was exactly what we wanted it to be.    

I always enjoy doing anything with Dianne, but I especially love being creative with her.



No comments: