Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tiffany sent a

text at about 11:30, but I didn't have my phone by me and didn't see it until about 5 pm.  It made my heart drop when I saw the picture and read it:


"In the pediatric of the hospital while they check for appendicitis   She's hooked up to an IV and we're waiting for an ultrasound.  She's being very brave, less tears than me.  I'm hoping its not appendicitis but I'm glad they are checking it because she's been in a lot of pain for over 15 hours."

It makes me cry just looking at that little face.    Tiffany assumed I hadn't seen the text since I hadn't responded, and she didn't want to worry me by calling until they knew a little more.  She was right about one thing.  I've been worried sick since I read it.

Tiffany sent an update at 9:30 saying that they are staying the night just to make sure nothing gets worse. She is feeling much better. That they've ruled out appendicitis and think it is a bad viral infection of glands in her stomach that are in the same area as the appendix.   So there will be no surgery (unless something changes).

I've still got that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I'm glad she is doing better and that they are keeping an eye on her.  I wish I were there and could give her a hug.   TIffany posted a couple of instagram pictures of her tonight With Luci smiling.  Luci said the three best things about the hospital are Popsicles, watching tv, and moving the bed up and down.

 I noticed the last text Tiffany sent before this one was on Sunday.  Tiffany had written, "Luci asked just me, "Mom is it fast or slow Sunday tomorrow?"    Oh, I love that girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That face breaks my heart too. Keep us posted. Thinking of all of you!!!!!

Tom Anderson said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you.