Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

We were reading in

Elder Bednar's book again, and a phrase kind of struck me.  He was talking about the great Council in Heaven and how there really weren't two plans presented.  Rather that God presented the plan and asked whom he should send.  

I've thought that why, if we knew that it was Heavenly Father's Plan, would anyone go with someone who wasn't supporting it.  Who was rebelling against it.   We know that Lucifer took 1/3 of heaven with him.

But the phrase that stuck out to me was, "It was the first something for nothing scam every planned."  "Lucifer sought for the glory of the Father without a willingness to abide by the law of the harvest and pay the price."

Sometimes "get something for nothing" schemes can be pretty attractive.  You don't have to put forth the time and effort (maybe the abtronics could be termed a "get buff with out working out" scam).  You don't have to go through sacrifice.  But you get the benefits.

I think we've all fallen for those scams in one form or another.   But I guess we were wise enough to not fall for that first one, or we wouldn't be here reading about it.  I'm actually kind of proudly surprised I didn't fall for that scam.  I must have been wiser then than I am now. But I have a feeling that Satan is still trying to sell me a "bill of goods" and that I buy into it at times.

Interesting thoughts late at night.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Satan must not have presented it as an infomercial or I'm quite sure I would have gone with him.

allison nadauld said...

Great post Annette. I never thought if it like that before. I love it. Gary, your comment is hilarious! Love you guys!

Tom Anderson said...

Interesting blog with really good thoughts. I just finished the book and loved it, especially the segment video question and answers.

Tiffany said...

Mom, you would have never fallen for it. you are the most pure hearted person I know!

Misty B. said...

I can't stop laughing at Dad's comment