Crinkled Oranges

Friday, March 29, 2013

Earlier

today we got a call from my second cousin, Trent, inviting us to his ordination to be a High Priest. He is the son of my cousin Kay.   He invited us partly, I think, because he had asked my brother Gary to ordain him.  Gary gave a beautiful blessing to him when he did the ordination.

When Trent spoke, he mentioned how when he was a boy, his favorite place to go was Uncle Golden and Aunt Charlet's house (my parents).  He said he felt so blessed to have Gary ordain him, as he was the closest family member who could do it for him since his own father has passed away.

 It was very sweet to hear him share his feelings.  And it once again reminded me that you never know the influence you may have on others just by welcoming them into your life.  

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

Nice event for Trent and Gary. Thanks for sharing that.