Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, March 9, 2013

I thought today

as we gathered at the funeral of our friend and former Bishop, Roger Reynolds, how blessed we are to have these lasting relationships.  When we moved into our home almost 27 years ago, many of our neighbors were already here and have watched our children grow.   Many have moved away and new ones have come, but  what has remained is a very loyal group of friends.  It seems somewhat sad that where we meet the most now is at funerals.  

Roger's brother spoke, and said that if Roger were here, he would be telling us to go back in the cultural hall and party. I was thinking along those same lines as we were greeting and hugging old friends as we waited for the funeral to begin.  I could picture Roger there, as I've seen him do many times,  reaching his hand of friendship out to all of us.  

I always wonder at funerals if the person who has died is there watching it.  I like to think they are.  And I believe they are.  But, I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.   I'll let you know . . .


1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

You better not let us know any time soon!!!! I will let you know.