Crinkled Oranges

Monday, January 19, 2015

I really look forward

to the weekly emails from Jackson.  It is amazing to hear of his experiences and of all the growth he has shown.  He is now living in Centerville and has the assignment over 6 single adult wards.  He is encouraged to play in all their sporting events, which is so funny.  It's a good thing he loves sports.

Here is today's email.

Hello everyone! 

I have had a great week and a very sad week.. Attached below is two pictures... One of Sevanna who was baptized this past Saturday. The other of Elmer. Elmer passed away Sunday morning. I received a call from Sister Weidmeyer and she was just crying and crying and I couldn't help but cry.. I felt so close to him. She keeps calling me randomly to "talk". She really misses me and I don't know how to help her. I feel so bad. I will be up in Layton again this weekend for the Mestas family baptism. I will go visit her again, but please keep her in your prayers. She needs them. 

Sevanna was a "dry Mormon". haha When I first met her, she had read the Book of Mormon, the Bible, and the Doctrine and Covenants!. She was prepared well before I was able to teach her the lessons she needed to be baptized. She gave me the opportunity to speak at her baptism and I felt honored. Tons of people showed up and the spirit was so strong! She didn't feel ready for baptism when it came time, but she was more than prepared and I kept reassuring her of that. It was very spiritual and its times like that that I look forward too and will always remember.  

The YSA area is going really great! There was tons of activities this week.(basketball four nights this week, volleyball, and football) So I am actually sore! Most of you think that I am just playing sports for my mission, but through this sports I was able to get nine people to come to church that have been less active for a long time. So sports is the way to many kids hearts!(: So don't judge me. 

This is the last week of the transfer and by next week I will know if I am leaving or staying or what! I hope I stay. I love this area! Thanks for all the love and support. I love you all!

Love,

Elder Bishop



I am so proud of him.




No comments: